Saturday, September 15, 2007

4 seasons

I have to admit I've had a block when it comes to writing here lately. I think part of it is that I've joined the 2 other corners of this internet triumvirate: Facebook and MySpace (or as my friend Julia put it last night, MyFace), and those things will suck you in. I was caught on National Public Radio even giving those two places endorsements, or practically anyway. I was put on air the other day when I called into the Brian Lehrer show-- and was so nervous about it I turned into a teenage girl. I called in to volunteer for a "Democracy Club," and Brian (I can't type that friggin name, it always comes out Brain. It kind of is the Brain Lehrer show, though) asked me where, besides the home, did the people I knew talk about the election. My mind literally went, "duuhhhhhh." And then I said Facebook and Myspace. When they're putting those Democracy Clubs together, they're going to be like, "Let's get the 13-year-old's perspective again" every time they call me.
Here's the link anyway. It's the last segment of the show.
More important stuff has been happening than me calling into a radio show. We just had our third Con Vivo concert last night!! They have been going so incredibly well, and I can't even imagine how it's all come together so quickly. It's exhausting- though the other night, Jose, one of our violinists, asked me what I do and once I started listing it all out it didn't seem that bad. I guess it's just the combination of CV and the school year starting. I'm leading the orchestra and teaching strings at City and Country- did I write that in the last post? I forget. Oh, the Last Post (a song from the Juliet Letters- ICSQ's last big project before I left)!! I miss my quartet. I think all this, like, speed-dating chamber music, with a different (albeit extraordinary) bunch of players each time has made me long for those daily 9-1 rehearsals. And the fun bike ride through Tel Aviv too- you can't get around NYC like that. At the same time, I can't even believe how lucky I am to get to play chamber music with all these amazing people, many of whom I didn't know before this summer. After last night's concert, the 4 Seasons with each solo played by a different violinist, we went to a restaurant where a big group of folks from our audience was also eating. I went over to say hi, and they asked me, "Where did you get those violinists?" It was such a cute question, like "where did you get your shoes?" And the answer, of course, was the same: "New York City."
I wonder if part of my selfish mission with Con Vivo is not only to make these chamber music opportunities, but also to try and lure these awesome musicians to live in JC?!

No comments: