Sunday, January 15, 2006

Oaxaca pics, 2






These are from the beach and New Years' Celebration.
Notice I forgot my camera for all the "important" moments: the wedding. Visiting Monte Alban, this amazing flattened mountaintop that's home to incredible ancient Mixtec ruins. The New Years Eve dinner. The little town we stayed in, Puerto Angel's city-wide dance party, which began at 2AM on New Years Eve and featured about 3 stories worth of speakers blasting Mexican dance music... but I still managed some entertaining shots. Impossible not to considering the landscape and the phenomenal people I met. Up top is me and Rebecca. That cactus-topped house overlooked the cove we all swam in- where some of the guys got stung by black Urchins when they tried to climb onto the rock ruled by Rebecca, Elisa and myself. The punishment of Sirens Rock, we figured. Then you see the bride and groom in all their blinding hotness. The beautiful Banjo performed handstands and other yoga moves on the beach (I didn't just take this shot cause of his cute bottom! I swear). And those crazy partiers are all from the magical land of Kennebunk, which both Rebecca and Sol call home.

No comments: